- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 cm piece cured pork, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 young garlic shoots, sliced into 5 cm lengths
- 200 g ox liver or porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- pinch of salt
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Bring a pan or wok to smoking hot. Add the cured pork and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the red and green peppers, cooking wine and garlic shoots, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for a further minute. Season with salt.