I’ve had loads of practice making avocado mash, and I think this is the absolute best way to do it! You can use it as a dip or side for any meal. It goes beautifully with spicy kangaroo fillet and roast tomatoes.
- 2 large avocados, halved and stoned
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 50 g (1 cup) chopped coriander leaves
- pinch of ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
Scoop the avocado flesh into a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
• My all-time favourite way to eat it is with roasted field mushrooms or a spicy tomato and chilli salsa and raw sweet potato slices as my dippers. Yumbo!
Recipe from The 20/20 Diet Cookbook by Lola Berry, with photographs by Armelle Habib. Published by Pan Macmillan.