1. You can't get through a family dinner without someone starting WWIII.
When will people understand asking someone to "pass the salt" is not an affront on their cooking.
2. The bathroom is your happy place.
Thanks to that locked door, it's the one place your family can't interrupt you that much.
3. Any potential boyfriend or girlfriend you bring home to meet your family needs to be familiarised with a specific list of "unspeakable" topics.
Oh you like Malcolm Turnbull? Great. Don't talk about it.
4. There is at least one member of your family who eloped.
5. There is at least one member of your family whose name you never speak.
Possibly the one who eloped.
6. You watch insane Hollywood plot lines and don’t find them that farfetched.
7. When your friends complain about their families you can’t help but laugh.
Oh you're mum commented on your status with a "lol"? My mum posted an eggplant emoji on my crush's wall.
8. You have that one uncle who still thinks racism and homophobia is funny.
It's really not.
9. You’ve joked about moving to another country and changing your name to avoid your family.
It was only sarcasm. Only just.
10. And you relate way to much to Benjamin Law.
11. But worst of all, in spite of all the crazy things they do, you're biologically compelled to love them.
It’s an affliction.