Get ready to be excited.
A new trailer for the second season of Stranger Things has been released and it is full of incredible clues to what we can expect when it drops on Netflix in October. So we took it apart frame by frame.
Here’s what we learned:
1. Oh God, it’s set in the '80s. Again.
2. There will be A LOT of 1984 movie references, like the kids saying “I’ll be back” (Terminator) and “Sweep the leg, Johnny” (The Karate Kid) and “So rose the dreadful ghost from his next and blackest opera” (Amadeus).
3. The kids will once again be riding their bicycles – which is a wonderful reference to Dune.
4. The storm on the horizon refers to both a literal storm that is coming (rain, etc.) as well as a figurative storm – of white hot '80s references. Remember The Muppets Take Manhattan? You will.
5. The sign “Welcome to Hawkins” is a reference to the 1973 Jimmy Stewart TV series, Hawkins, which was remade into the 1984 film Revenge of the Nerds.
6. There are likely to be just as few, if not fewer, minorities featured as the first time around.
Follow Nick on Twitter.