Melrose Place premiered 25 years ago. Let that sink in for a second, assuming things can still sink in through your wizened, ancient flesh. Twenty-five years. Was it really that long ago that naive, judgemental Allison (Courtney Thorne-Smith) and even-more-naive, dumb Billy (Andrew Shue) first became roommates? These are the 20 things we'll always miss about the greatest apartment complex in TV history.
1. The way Allison used to say "Billy". ("Biuh-luee", dismissively. Always.)
2. The show's sensitive and informative portrayal of alcoholism and addiction. Ha, kidding. Remember when Allison used to chug giant tumblers of vodka?
3. Peter's suspenders.
4. Billy's tank tops.
5. Jo's photography.
6. How people kept letting Kimberly back into their lives, no matter how many times she tried to kill them.
7. When Traci Lords brainwashed Sydney into being in a cult.
8. Flannel. Flannel everywhere.
9. Rhonda's cardio-funk classes.
10. Michael's unbelievably comprehensive medical practice. Don't ever go to a specialist — just go to Dr Michael Mancini.
11. When Sydney was a high-end prostitute.
13. Jake and Jo's romantic, spiritual HIV test episode.
14. Taylor giving people pep talks.
15. Everything that was deemed a brilliant idea at D&D.
16. Jane's undead boyfriend's hand reaching up through the dirt of his grave, Carrie-style.
17. The endless parade of unhappy pregnancies.
18. Everyone's astoundingly bad taste in non-main cast partners. That marine biologist is obviously bad news, Allison! Come on!
19. Megan, Lexi and Coop. It's hard being the new characters.
The Nineties airs Sundays at 8:30pm on SBS. Watch the first episode (about TV in the 90s) at SBS On Demand:
This article originally appeared on Vulture ©2017 All rights reserved. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency.