Normally TV shows celebrate their 100th episode, but not Brooklyn Nine-Nine. What else can you do but celebrate the 99th? It’s a momentous occasion, so here are 99 reasons why you need to tune in.
1. It’s about a bad road trip. Bad road trips are always fun.
2. There’s cow copulation…
3. And it sounds very painful.
4. Something really big about someone is revealed at some point.
5. Another something really big about someone is revealed at another point.
6. Detective Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) talks really fast.
7. We meet more Boyle cousins.
8. The cast looks spiffy in khaki, tan and beige.
9. What’s with Detective Rosa Diaz’s (Stephanie Beatriz) eyebrow?
10. Jake may or may not finally master “the caterpillar”.
11. Detective Amy Santiago (Melissa Fumero) isn’t highly highly strung.
12. Damn that Gina Linetti (Chelsea Peretti) has some sass.
13-15. Dirk Blocker (Detective Hitchcock) wins Cast Member With The Name That Sounds Most Like A Porn Star Name.
16. Where is Cheddar the corgi when you need him?
17. Cheese puffs.
18. “Scary” Sergeant Terry Jeffords (Terry Crews).
19. There’s no trace of Justice League.
20. Captain Holt (Andre Braugher) looks good behind the wheel of a crappy RV.
21. Funerals are aphrodisiacs.
22. More cracking quotes to use at the office.
23. You can literally smell Captain Holt’s glorious scent through your TV.
24. You can literally smell Detective Scully’s (Joel McKinnon Miller) inglorious scent through your TV.
25. There’s Die Hard talk.
26. Jake’s cool jacket. Why do detectives always have cool jackets?
27. Jake does good slo-mo face.
28. Jake does good suit.
29-36. Jake does good hair.
37. We love Jake.
38. Detective Charles Boyle (Joe Lo Truglio) doesn’t suggestively suck on a thick stick of butter.
39. Boyle says something innocent that sounds very dirty.
40. Captain Holt and Hitchcock dream about some weird s***.
41. The Halloween Heists are awesome.
42. Hitchcock and Scully get a minimal amount of cardio.
43. When will Jake run out of quips?
44. Planes, trains and automobiles.
45. Sergeant Terry likes Bridget Jones.
47-55. Jake and Boyle’s continuing bromance.
56. Jake and Terry skipping like they’re in The Wizard of Oz.
57. The un-ergonomic police station chairs get a break.
58. It dares to joke about racism.
59. Sleeping bags.
60. The cast got birthday cake.
61. Rosa smiles but only as Stephanie Beatriz celebrating the 99th episode.
62. Rosa is sentimental but only as Stephanie Beatriz celebrating the 99th episode.
63. Extinguisher-powered office chairs.
64-80. Jake is still a man-child.
81-90 Sergeant Terry can do Morse code with his pecs.
91. We’re really cheating now.
92. Captain Holt is incredibly excited, you’ll have to believe us on that one.
93. Ingenious casting of serious actors who played serious cops in serious cop shows playing serious cops in an un-serious cop show. Seriously.
94. Amy has wicked logistical skills.
95. Amy has wicked pantsuits.
96. Who needs a selfie stick when you’ve got Sergeant Terry?
97. Scully’s flat top is a work of art.
98. I got 99 problems but a snitch ain’t one.
99. Jake doesn’t only just wear speedos, shirt, tie, badge, holster and gun. In short, he wears pants, because well, it’s the 99th episode and this is special.
Watch the 99th episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine at SBS On Demand: