At the end of Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 6 we thought the evil of Commissioner John Kelly had been defeated and that all would be well for our favourite squad at the 99th precinct.
But, as is the way with a Brooklyn Nine-Nine end-of-season ep, we were hit with a cliffhanger: Captain Holt's long time arch nemesis and now unlikely ally, Madeline Wuntch, discovered that Holt only spent one month as a uniformed patrolman before becoming a detective, which is in breach of NYPD rules. Being a stickler for the rules, she forced Holt back into uniform to make up the time. Twist!
In season 7, how will Holt adjust to his new position as a uniformed officer, and what else is in store for the 99th precinct? Here's a sneak peek at what's coming up, when Brooklyn Nine-Nine premieres on SBS and On Demand on Friday 7 February. See it first at SBS On Demand now.
What we're excited for:
- More shananigoogles
- Holt's traffic cop moves
- How Mr. Suspenders, Terry Jeffords handles leading the team
- Holt being partners with Debbie Fogel, played by SNL great, Vanessa Bayer
- To meet some new faces. Nicole Bilderback has been announced as playing Captain Kim. How will she compare to other past precinct captains? Lest we forget Captain Jason Stentley a.k.a C.J and The Vulture
- The return of Peralta (did you catch him in the trailer?)
What we're hoping to see:
- Gina! Please let Chelsea Peretti make a guest appearance
- As much Cheddar as possible, because he is the best boy
- The old faithfuls and favourites - a Halloween episode, a Heist episode
- The continuing bromance of Jake and Doug Judy
- A spin-off of Boyle - The boyhunter
Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 7 starts with a double episode, Friday 7 February at 8:30PM on SBS. Episode 1 and 2 are available to watch at SBS On Demand now.