Australia it’s time to warm up your voices and get together with friends or family for Australia's Biggest Singalong, live on SBS, Saturday 5 June at 8.30pm.
An Australian television first, this special night will bring the nation together in song, with hosts Julia Zemiro and Miranda Tapsell adding their voices to the mix.
Australia's Biggest Singalong is a two-hour live event guided by Pub Choir choirmaster, Astrid Jorgensen, who will teach us all to sing a timeless Aussie classic, Throw Your Arms Around Me by the legendary Hunters and Collectors.
LISTEN TO THE SONG
Want a chance to be seen in the show?
You can record and submit your own version of Throw Your Arms Around Me. Your video may be used on the night, or ahead of the show to inspire others to join in the fun on June 5. Sing solo, with your pet, with friends … whatever your style, belt out your take on the classic and send it in!
How to submit your video
What you'll need:
- A device on which you can watch the instructional videos (e.g. a laptop with headphones in)
- A device (e.g. smartphone) with which to film yourself singing the harmonies
Head to Couch Choir website
There you'll find an easy instructional video about how to set up your devices. Astrid and Waveney will explain the process to help you:
- Select the video that best suits your voice (high harmony or low harmony)
- Record yourself singing along to the prompts
- Follow the links to upload your video, read the Terms and Conditions, and tell us more about yourself
- Relax and have fun!
Australia’s Biggest Singalong! premieres Saturday 5 June, 8.30pm AEST, live on SBS, NITV and on SBS On Demand. For more information, visit: sbs.com.au/singalong
Video submissions open 28 April to 17 May.
Look out for more details coming soon of the special guests and performers who’ll be part of the show.