The SBS Burmese info seeker
There are 12,339 Burmese speakers in Australia, representing <0.1% of the entire population. Burmese speakers are concentrated in large cities, such as Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
- Uses media to connect with homeland and local community news and information
- Seek out SBS for our strength in news and information.
- Respect the professionalism and balance of SBS Radio.
Burmese speakers English proficiency:
Not at all
The community is known to be:
- Status conscious
- Engaged and belonging to discernible local Burmese communities
- Family oriented
- Work hard & have high expectations