Are you passionate to work as a broadcast journalist? Can you write Dinka with the ability to write news and translate it into Dinka and English? Do you have audio editing/ content creation skills and wanted to work for the great organisation SBS Radio?
Dinka Content Producer
SBS Radio is the world’s most linguistically diverse public broadcaster providing a vital service to Australia’s increasingly diverse community. We provide Australian-focussed news and information in languages other than English and we are growing our digital services to continue to meet the needs and expectations of our audiences.
The SBS Audio and Language Content (ALC) team is seeking an experienced journalist to join us in the position of Radio Content Producer for SBS.
With a sound understanding of the Dinka-speaking community in Australia and its cultural sensitivities, as a producer you will contribute to foster audience engagement on air and online.
To be considered, you will be able to prove:
- The ability to research, write, produce, translate and present audio content (including news, current affairs and community stories) on air and/or online platforms;
- The ability to craft engaging abstracts for online and social media (experience using Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram would be an advantage);
- Audio content editing and production skills;
- Proficiency in DINKA as well as English. Also, you will be comfortable participating in a language assessment task as part of our interview process;
- This is a casual rostered position, located in our Sydney or Melbourne Office. Successful candidates must be able to undertake shift work (which may involve evening, early morning and weekend work).
- Fantastic culture
- Onsite health and wellbeing programs
- Free gym membership and an active social club
- Being part of an organisation dedicated to making a positive social difference
SBS aims to inspire all Australians to explore and appreciate our diverse world and by doing so contribute to a cohesive society. It’s a purpose which drives and motivates our team and the reason we love doing what we do. Click Apply to take the first step in becoming a part of it.
At SBS we embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We want your vibrancy, language, culture, experiences and abilities to brighten our halls, light up our screens and strengthen our team.
SBS also recognises that everyone is unique and you may require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can some adjustments to the SBS recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, please contact email@example.com
Only applicants with full ongoing working rights in Australia will be considered.
The successful candidate/s must be willing and able to undertake shift work.
Applications close Friday 27th August 2021
We tend to move quickly and will remove this advertisement without notice. If you’d like to be considered, we encourage you to submit your application ASAP.