Victorian Police are now out enforcing the restrictions that were announced by the Premier on Tuesday. Victorians in the suburbs mentioned are told to observe the lockdown and restrictions attached until the 29 of July.
The Victoria State Government has released the list of suburbs and postcodes that will face lockdown.
"In line with advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, the Victorian Government has announced that a number of postcodes will return to Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions from 11.59 pm on Wednesday 1 July 2020."
If you live in these suburbs, then be aware of the restrictions.
- 3012 (Brooklyn, Kingsville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray)
- 3021 (Albanvale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans)
- 3032 (Ascot Vale, Highpoint City, Maribyrnong, Travancore)
- 3038 (Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens)
- 3042 (Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie, Niddrie North)
- 3046 (Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park)
- 3047 (Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana)
- 3055 (Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee Vale, Moreland West)
- 3060 (Fawkner)
- 3064 (Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickelham, Roxburgh Park, Kalkallo)
These are the only four reasons that can let you be allowed to come out of your house.
- Shopping for food and supplies
- Care and caregiving
- Study or work – if you can’t do it from home.
As for those who live outside the mentioned postcodes, you are also told not to travel without good reasons.
"If you live outside these locations, there’s only four reasons to come into these communities: shopping for food and supplies, care and caregiving, exercise, and study or work – if you can’t do it from home."