This is your update on the Coronavirus in Australia for 11 November 2021.
- Federal health minister Greg Hunt says today is a ‘milestone day’ as Australia is expected to surpass 90 per cent single dose vaccination target.
- The Therapeutic Goods Administration has granted a provisional determination to Moderna’s mRNA COVID-19 vaccine SPIKEVAX for age group 6-11 years old.
- Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk says that further restrictions can be placed in Gold Coast if further unlinked cases appear.
- 33 cases in ACT have been linked to an illegal Halloween party in Canberra.
- 80 per cent Tasmanians are now fully vaccinated.
- Fiji has reopened borders with Australia for Fijian passport holders, fully vaccinated permit holders and returning residents, quarantine free, from 1 December.
Victoria recorded 1,313 locally acquired cases and four deaths.
NSW recorded 261 new community cases and one death.
Queensland has recorded two new cases out of which one is unlinked to the current outbreak.
Quarantine, travel, testing clinics and pandemic disaster payment
Quarantine and testing requirements are managed and enforced by state and territory governments:
NSW Travel & transport and Quarantine
VIC Travel permit, Overseas travellers and Quarantine
ACT Transport and Quarantine
NT Travel and Quarantine
QLD Travel and Quarantine
SA Travel and Quarantine
TAS Travel and Quarantine
WA Travel and Quarantine
If you want to travel overseas, you may be able to apply online for an exemption. Click here for more information about the conditions to leave Australia. There are temporary measures for international flights that are regularly reviewed by the government and updated on the Smart Traveller website.
- News and information over 60 languages at sbs.com.au/coronavirus
- Relevant guidelines for your state or territory: NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory, ACT, Tasmania.
- Information about the COVID-19 vaccine in your language.
Visit the translated resources published by NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service:
Testing clinics in each state and territory:
Pandemic disaster payment information in each state and territory: