This is your update on the Coronavirus in Australia for 13 October 2021.
- Victoria records its deadliest day of the latest COVID-19 outbreak
- NSW on track to reach 80 per cent fully vaccinated by this weekend
- Hundreds of exposure locations listed in the ACT
Victoria has recorded 1,571 new local COVID-19 cases and 13 deaths,
Elective surgery is on hold and the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne is introducing Rapid Antigen Testing for visitors to the hospital after a potentially infectious parent visited the neonatal intensive care ward.
State Health Minister Martin Foley said Mitchell Shire, in Hume Region, to come out of lockdown from tonight.
Click to book your vaccine appointment today.
NSW has recorded 444 new local COVID-19 cases and four deaths.
The state could reach the 80 per cent fully vaccinated milestone by Sunday.
Premier Dominic Perrottet has hinted at amending the Roadmap, after his cabinet meets tomorrow to discuss easing restrictions next week. An announcement could be expected on Friday.
Just over 75.2 per cent of residents over 16 are fully vaccinated and over 90 per cent have had at least one dose.
Find a vaccination centre near you.
There have been 51 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in the ACT. Of 16 patients in hospital, eight are inintensive care, with five requiring ventilation.
There are over 370 current exposure locations and Canberrans are asked to keep up to date on new locations on the ACT COVID-19 website
Last 24 hours around Australia
- Victoria is recruiting up to 1000 healthcare workers from outside Australia to help the system cope as virus patients grow.
- ACT is on track to become one of the most vaccinated cities in the world, with a 99 per cent double-dose rate expected to be reached by the end of November.
Quarantine, travel, testing clinics and pandemic disaster payment
Quarantine and testing requirements are managed and enforced by state and territory governments:
NSW Travel & transport and Quarantine
VIC Travel permit, Overseas travellers and Quarantine
ACT Transport and Quarantine
NT Travel and Quarantine
QLD Travel and Quarantine
SA Travel and Quarantine
TAS Travel and Quarantine
WA Travel and Quarantine
If you want to travel overseas, you may be able to apply online for an exemption. Click here for more information about the conditions to leave Australia. There are temporary measures for international flights that are regularly reviewed by the government and updated on the Smart Traveller website.
- News and information over 60 languages at sbs.com.au/coronavirus
- Relevant guidelines for your state or territory: NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory, ACT, Tasmania.
- Information about the COVID-19 vaccine in your language.
Visit the translated resources published by NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service:
Testing clinics in each state and territory:
Pandemic disaster payment information in each state and territory: