This is your update on the Coronavirus in Australia for 2 October 2021.
- Victoria sets new record with 1,488 local cases
- NSW records 813 locally acquired cases
- ACT records 52 new cases
- Queensland records two cases in home quarantine.
Victoria set a new record with 1,488 local COVID-19 cases and two deaths. This is the state’s highest-ever daily case tally. Currently there are 429 people in hospital with COVID, 97 are in an ICU and 54 on a ventilator.
Multiple medical facilities are among the latest tier 1 additions to Victoria's COVID exposure site list. They include regional sites in Warrnambool, Shepparton, Gisborne, East Bendigo, Muckatah and Ballarat.
Treasurer Tim Pallas announced a $196.6 million support package that will provide one-off payments to eligible businesses, including sole traders, to cover restrictions from September 21 to October 4.
Find a vaccination centre near you.
New South Wales
NSW has recorded 813 locally acquired cases, and 10 deaths.
There are 1,005 people in NSW in hospital, 202 people in intensive care, 99 of those people require ventilation.
NSW Health's Dr Jeremy McAnulty urged residents to follow the health orders and not gather illegally in private homes ahead of this weekend's Rugby League Grand Final held on Sunday in Brisbane.
Click to book your vaccine appointment today.
Last 24 hours around Australia
- The ACT has recorded 52 new COVID-19 cases with at least 29 of those were infectious in the community.
- Queensland authorities say the two new cases are in home quarantine. They are two children, and both are linked to Brisbane’s aviation cluster.
- Queensland’s Health Minister Yvette D'Ath said there will be pop-up vaccination clinics around the stadium hosting tomorrow's NRL grand final.
Quarantine, travel, testing clinics and pandemic disaster payment
Quarantine and testing requirements are managed and enforced by state and territory governments:
NSW Travel & transport and Quarantine
VIC Travel permit, Overseas travellers and Quarantine
ACT Transport and Quarantine
NT Travel and Quarantine
QLD Travel and Quarantine
SA Travel and Quarantine
TAS Travel and Quarantine
WA Travel and Quarantine
If you want to travel overseas, you may be able to apply online for an exemption. Click here for more information about the conditions to leave Australia. There are temporary measures for international flights that are regularly reviewed by the government and updated on the Smart Traveller website.
- News and information over 60 languages at sbs.com.au/coronavirus
- Relevant guidelines for your state or territory: NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory, ACT, Tasmania.
- Information about the COVID-19 vaccine in your language.
Visit the translated resources published by NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service:
Testing clinics in each state and territory:
Pandemic disaster payment information in each state and territory: