High Commission of India in Australia has extended the last date of applications for conversion of valid PIO card to OCI card.
According to a Facebook post of the Consulate General of India in Melbourne (https://www.facebook.com/ConsulateGeneralofIndiaMelbourneAustralia/?fref=photo), the High Commission of India in Australia has extended the last date released the last date of applications for conversion of valid PIO card to OCI card.
The last date now stands as 30 June 2016.
One can apply for OCI card in lieu of valid PIO card free of any charge.
According to the High Commission of India in Australia, an applicant will have to pay the service charges for the outsourcing agency as well as the postal/courier charges.
Key Points For OCI-Registration (In Lieu of PIO-Card)
1. Read Instruction carefully before starting the registration process.
2. Start registration as New OCI-Registration and fill all details required.
3. Place of submission for OCI-Applications (In Lieu of PIO-Card) should be the same as the Place of Issuance of PIO-Card.
4. Provide Valid PIO-Card details at the place specified. PIO-Card should be valid as on 9th Jan 2015.
5. Complete Part-B of the registration process.
6. Documents supporting your application are to be uploaded at the end of Part-B.
7. After completing application, hard copy is to be be submitted to the selected mission's office.
8. No registration-fee will be charged for such applications. However, SMS/Fax/Agent charges, as applicable, will be levied on the applicant.
For more information see: http://passport.gov.in/oci/capchaActionPIO