Coming Up Sat 6:00 PM  AEST
Coming Up Live in 
Bangla radio

Voluntary Returns : Thinking of Home

Voluntary returns Source: DIBP

If you are thinking about returning home you might be able to access assistance to depart Australia. You can talk to an immigration officer or the International Organization for Migration (IOM) or Homeward Return Program to discuss your options. It is important to remember the decision to return is yours. If you do not hold a visa, or your visa has expired while you are in Australia, you must leave Australia.

Assistance to return home

You might be able to get assistance to return home if you:

  • are living in Australia on a bridging visa or another type of temporary visa
  • are living in Australia without a visa or your visa has expired
  • arrived by boat or plane without a valid visa.

International Organization for Migration

Assisted Voluntary Return (AVR) is an international migration service designed by International Organization for Migration (IOM) on behalf of governments to help eligible migrants make informed and voluntary choices about returning to their country of origin.

IOM will be able to discuss your options and help you understand what type of assistance you may be able to receive.

Homeward Return Program

The Assisted Returns Program provides non-citizens with an option to voluntarily depart Australia. This service is offered on behalf of the Department of Home Affairs.

For more information please check the Department of Home Affairs website on this link.

Follow SBS Bangla on FACEBOOK.

Source DIBP