METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS, Hopscotch Films any and their immediate families are ineligible. By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to agree with these terms of entry.
3. The Heartbreaker Competition commences on Thursday, 2 December, 2010 at 12:00 noon AEDT at and ends on Thursday, 23 December, 2010 at 10:00 AEDT.
4. To enter, participants must log on www.sbs.com.au/film and follow the directions on the website. Participants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address, postcode and phone number.
5. Online entries are limited to one entry per email address. All entries become and remain the property of SBS.
6. SBS reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim the prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that the winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The prize winner will receive:
• 2 x economy class return air tickets with Air France to Paris departing from Sydney or Melbourne. If the prize winner is from a city other than Sydney or Melbourne, the prize winner must arrange their own transportation to either Sydney or Melbourne.
The flights are valued at up to AU$5,000; and
• Twin accommodation for two for five nights at any one of the Paris8 Apartments in the 8Hotels Collection (4 star hotel) in Paris at the discretion of 8Hotels (subject to availability)
Accommodation valued at up to AU$1,700
The prize is valued at up to AU$6700.
9. All valid entries are automatically entered into the prize draw. The prize winner will be drawn by SBS on Thursday, 23 December, 2010 at 11:00 AEDT. The prize winner will be notified by phone and in writing by email. The name of the winner will be published on the SBS website, and published in The Australian on Tuesday, 4 January, 2011.
10. If the prize winner cannot be contacted by Thursday, 31 March, 2011, at 12 noon AEDT, SBS will conduct a redraw at the SBS premises, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW, 20654. The redraw will occur on Thursday, 31 March at 13:30 AEDT.
11. The prize is as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
12. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
13. Once the prize has left the prize supplier's premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
14. Once booked and if approved by the prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. The winner of the prize (and their travel companion) will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the prize.
15. Flight bookings must be made at least 60 days prior to departure. Travel must be completed within 12 months of the announcement of the winner and flights are subject to availability (it is highly recommended flights are booked well in advance). If travel has not been redeemed within this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
16. Air France flight blackout periods:
- 26 January, 2011 through to 15 February, 2011
- 5 December, 2011 through to 15 January, 2012
17. Neither SBS nor Hopscotch Films or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the Major Prize package.
18. The winner is responsible for all costs not expressly listed in paragraph 8 including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. All taxes including departure taxes and fuel levies and airport charges are the responsibility of the winner. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
19. The prize DOES NOT include spending money.
20. Travel arrangements to and from Sydney and Melbourne are the responsibility of the prize winner.
21. The prize winner and their travelling companion must travel on the same flight as each other to their destination.
22. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
23. Neither SBS nor Hopscotch Films or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and Hopscotch Film's control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
24. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
26. All details of the entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with the
National Privacy Principles. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to that office. Unless otherwise notified, SBS may use the entries and details of entrants for promotional and publicity purposes (including on-providing details of entrants. Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by SBS. SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
27. “The Promoter” SBS is the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
28. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW Permit No: LTPS/10/11001; VIC Permit No:10/4150; SA Permit No: T10/2749; ACT Permit No: 10/05017.1.