SBS & 20th Century Fox “Win a private screening of The Sessions in Hollywood” COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS, 20th Century Fox Distributors Pty Ltd, IMS limited, PublicisMedia and their associated companies and immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on 25th October 2012 at 10am ADST and ends on 12th November 2012 at 10am ADST (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must:
· go to sbs.com.au/film and follow the directions on the website. Participants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address, phone number and email address and submit their entry by clicking on the “Enter Competition” button. Entrants must be able to travel in April 2013, and be eligible to obtain a visa to enter the USA in order to attend the 20th Century Fox Studio tour which will take place on a date TBC in April 2013.
5. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
6. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The Major Prize winner will receive a trip for 2 to Hollywood (the “Major Prize”). The prize will include:
· Return economy flights for 2 people from nearest Australian capital city to Los Angeles
· Private return airport transfers in Los Angeles (2pax)
· 3 nights twin share at the Andaz West Hollywood Hotel, Including breakfast
· Welcome event over breakfast at the Andaz West Hollywood Hotel (prior to studio tour)
· Private tour of 20th Century Fox Studios
· VIP private screening of The Sessions at 20th Century Fox Studios
· Lunch at 20th Century Fox Studios
· Private return coach transfers to 20th Century Fox Studios
· An IMS representative will be present for the duration of the trip
· Travel insurance is included for 4 days travel insurance cover for the winner and their travelling companion (cover is based on winners with no pre-existing medical conditions).
· Winner management including:
· Access to an out-of-hours phone number staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week up to conclusion of trip.
The Major Prize is valued up to $8,500 (RRP).
9. 20 runner-up prizes will be awarded. Each runner-up prize consists of one (1) in-season double pass to The Sessions.
In-season double passes are:
· Only valid at participating cinemas in Australia.
· Valid Monday, Wednesday, Thursday all day. Valid Friday, Saturday & Sunday prior to 5.00pm.
· Not valid during public holidays.
· Not redeemable for cash.
· Valid for the above film only, from 12 November 2012 until the end of the film's season.
· Valid at Hoyts, EVENT Cinemas, Greater Union, Birch, Carroll & Coyle, Village Cinemas, Reading Cinemas, Movie Masters & Orana Cinemas; Selected Palace Cinemas & Dendy Cinemas only.
· Not valid at Independent Cinemas – Regional WA locations excluded.
· Not valid at EVENT Cinemas Gold Class and Vmax, Greater Union + Birch Carroll & Coyle Cinemas Gold Class and Vmax, not valid at Village Cinemas Gold Class and Vmax, Not valid for Reading Cinemas Gold Lounge, Titan XC sessions.
· Not valid at Hoyts La Premiere, Directors Suite, Bean Bag Cinema, Special Events, Xtremescreen and IMAX® sessions. Not Valid at Dendy Premium or Lounge Cinemas.
· Not valid at Ace Cinegold Lounge.
· Double passes can only be redeemed at the cinema box office & is subject to screening availability. Check Session times for details.
· Runner Up Prize pool valued up to $720 RRP ($36 per double pass)
10. All valid entries are automatically entered into the Major Prize draw. The Major Prize winner will be drawn at random by SBS (or its nominated agent) on 12th November 2012 at 11am ADST at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Major Prize winner will be notified by email and phone at the contact email address and contact number nominated in their entry form. If SBS and the Major Prize winner do not speak or exchange emails immediately when SBS first contacts them, SBS will send an email to the Major Prize winner asking to them to contact SBS to confirm acceptance of the Major Prize. SBS will continue to telephone the Major Prize winner. In an effort to make direct contact. The Major Prize winner must contact SBS to confirm acceptance of the Major Prize on or before Monday 21 January 2013 at 9.30am. If the winner has not made contact with SBS by the deadline, the award of the Major Prize to the Major Prize Winner will lapse and another winner will be drawn from all valid entries (“Second Chance Draw”)
11. In addition to contacting the Major Prize Winner by phone and email, SBS will publish the name(s) of all winners in the Australian and on SBS film website on Wednesday 14th November 2012
12. If the Major Prize winner and SBS have not made direct contact to confirm acceptance of the Major Prize by Monday 21st January 2013 by 10am ADST, SBS or its nominated agent will conduct the Second Chance Draw and draw another winner from all valid entries on Monday 21st January 2013 at 10:15am ADST. The Second Chance Draw winner will be notified by email and phone on Monday 21st January 2013 and published in The Australian and on the SBS film website on Thursday 24th January 2013. SBS will follow the same procedure outlined in clause 10 to contact the Second Chance Drawer winner. If the Second Chance Draw Winner does not confirm acceptance of the prize on or before 28 January 2013, then SBS reserves its rights.
13. The total value of all prizes is valued up to $9,220 AUD (RRP).
14. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
15. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
17. Once prizes have left the prize supplier's premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
18. Travel must be taken up between 31st March 2013 and 30th April 2013. If travel has not been redeemed within this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void.
19. Winners can extend their trip at their own expense.
20. The Major Prize winner and their travel companion will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the Major Prize.
21. The Major Prize winner is responsible for making all bookings through IMS limited prior to 31st January 2013 or 60 days prior to desired departure date. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once booked and approved by the prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once a booking is confirmed, any name or date changes must be made in writing. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed. All flights, unless stated, are non changeable and non transferable
22. Neither SBS nor the prize supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the winner taking part in any aspect of the prize. Where relevant, the winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
23. Prize winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Travel insurance for winners with pre-existing medical conditions is not included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Winners will need a credit/debit card in order to check in for the security deposit for any accommodation.
24. Obtaining any necessary visas or permits to enter the US is the responsibility of the winner and their guest. Winners must visit the website: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov and complete the required information to apply for authorization to enter the USA – winners will NOT gain entry to the USA without completing a visa application
25. Travel arrangements to and from the nearest capital city airport do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
26. The prize winner and their travelling companion must travel on the same flight as each other to their destination.
27. Winners under the age of 18, must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
28. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
29. Neither SBS nor the prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and the prize supplier's control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
30. SBS's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
32. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
33. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
35. SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
36. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
38. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
39. SBS is the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
40. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW Permit No: LTPS/12/09132; VIC Permit No, 12/2792; SA Permit No: T12/2141; ACT Permit No: TP 12/04188.