METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents only, aged 18 and over. Employees of SBS, Entertainment One Films Australia and their immediate families are ineligible. By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to agree with these terms of entry.
3. The '2 Days in New York' competition commences on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 09:00 (AEDT) and ends on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 23:59 (AEDT).
4. To enter, participants must log onto the SBS Film Facebook page, www.facebook.com/SBSFilm and 'Like' SBS Film and follow the directions on the competition page. Participants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, email and phone number. Only one entry per Facebook account will be accepted.
5. All entries become and remain the property of SBS.
6. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
The Major Prize winner will receive the following:
• Two return economy flights to New York City, USA, departing from one of the following five cities in Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane.
Two airfares valued at up to AU$5,600
• Four nights' accommodation at The Standard High Line Hotel, New York City (4.5 star); includes all room taxes
• Room type: Deluxe King Room for two people sharing a room.
• Room includes: free Wifi, local calls and use of hotel gym.
Accommodation valued at up to AU$2,786.90
Each of the 40 runner-up prize winners will receive:
• One in-season double pass to see '2 Days in New York' screening in cinemas from Thursday, November 22, 2012 (valued at up to AU$36.00 each double pass) RRP
2 Days in New York double passes will be honoured at the following cinema locations only:
SYDNEY: Palace Verona, Palace Norton St, Hoyts Cinema Paris, Hoyts Broadway
MELBOURNE: Kino, Palace Como, Palace Brighton Bay, Classic Cinemas, Sun Theatre
Yarraville, Village Knox
BRISBANE: Palace Barracks
GOLD COAST: Gold Coast Arts Centre, Hoyts Tweed Heads
ADELAIDE: Palace Nova East End
ACT: Union Manuka
Film tickets are valid from November 22, 2012 until the end of the film's theatrical season at
participating cinemas (excludes public holidays, discount days and after 5pm on Saturdays.
Valid even with “No Free Tickets” listing. Ticket is valid at participating cinemas only and must be exchanged at the box office for a valid ticket. Ticket must be taken as offered and is not exchangeable, for sale, transferable or redeemable for cash. Ticket does not guarantee admission and is subject to seat availability. Check local newspapers for session times. Discount days vary between cinemas, please check beforehand to avoid disappointment. Not valid for online or mobile ticketing. Ticket is for single use and must be surrendered upon redemption. Not valid at Hoyts La Premiere, Directors Suite, Bean Bag Cinema, Xtremescreen and IMAX®, 3D and Special Events; Dendy Premium or Lounge Cinemas; Greater Union Gold Class, Vmax & 3D; Village Cinemas Gold Class, VMAX or Digital 3D; Cinema Nova; Hayden Orpheum Cremorne; Reading Cinemas Gold Lounge and Titan XC; Regal cinemas; Roseville Cinemas; Cinema Nova or State Cinema Tasmania
Runner-up prizes valued at up to AU$1,440 (RRP)
The total prize pool is valued at up to AU$9826.90 (RRP)
9. All valid entries are automatically entered into the Major Prize draw. The Major Prize winner and the 40 runner-up prize winners will be drawn by SBS, 14 Herbert St, Artarmon NSW 2064, on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:00 (AEDT). The Major Prize winner will be notified by phone and email. The name of the Major Prize winner will be published on the SBS Film website www.sbs.com.au/film and published in The Australian on Monday, December 10, 2012. The runner-up winners will be contacted by email and published on the SBS Film website within 30 days of the draw for a minimum of 28 days.
10. If the Major Prize winner or any of the Runner-up winners cannot be contacted by Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 14:00 (AEDT), SBS will conduct a redraw at SBS, 14 Herbert St, Artarmon NSW, 2064 on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 14:30 (AEDT). Winners will be notified by phone and email. The name of the Major Prize winner will be published on the SBS Film website www.sbs.com.au/film, and published in The Australian on Wednesday, March 6, 2013. The Runner-up prize winners will be published on the SBS Film website within 30 days of the draw for a minimum of 28 days.
11. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
12. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
13. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable for cash or to be used as credit for another destination
14. Flights are from Australia (departing (Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth only) to New York City.
15. No stopovers permitted.
16. The Major Prize is not transferable, and the Major Prize Winner may not make name changes or date changes once flights have been booked.
17. Airline imposed fuel surcharges and taxes are included.
18. No frequent flyer miles may be accrued, no upgrades permitted.
19. Travel must be taken between the following dates: 1 February 2013 – 28 November, 2013 (the “Travel Period”). The Travel Period does not allow for bookings on the following blackout dates
2013 February 7 - 14 Spring Fashion Week
2013 June 3 - 5 NYU Hotel Meeting
2013 September 5- 12 Fall Fashion Week
2013 September 16 - 19 Un General Assembly
20. If travel has not been completed within the Travel Period, tickets shall be deemed null and void. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed. The Major Prize Winner must book the tickets through Entertainment One Films Australia. Entrants must be able to travel during the Travel Period.
21. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Major Prize winner does not take the Prize or an element of the Prize within the time restrictions stipulated by Promoter, then the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Major Prize winner.
22. Neither SBS, Entertainment One Films Australia nor their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the prize package.
23. Unless expressly stated all other costs and expenses associated with taking the Major Prize become the responsibility of the Major Prize winner including but not limited to:
a) costs associated with passport applications;
b) costs associated with inoculations;
c) transfers (not included in the Major Prize);
d) travel insurance;
e) spending money;
f) meals & drinks;
g) transport to/from the airport departure/return point;
h) any sightseeing or activities; and
i) all other incidental and ancillary costs incurred by the Major Prize Winner and/or their travel partner as a direct or indirect result of taking the Major Prize that are not otherwise stated as included in the Major Prize.
j) any non-flight or airline associated taxes or charges
k) Laundry charges, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, excess baggage.
24. The Major Prize winner and the Major Prize winner's travel partner are responsible for any amendment fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed.
25. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the Major Prize winner. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
26. The Major Prize winner and their travel partner must depart from and return to the same point of departure and travel together.
27. If the Major Prize (or any part of the Major Prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by any winner or any other party if the Major Prize (or any part of the Major Prize) is unavailable for any reason
28. Travel arrangements to and from the winner's nearest capital city airport do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the Major Prize winner.
29. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
30. Neither SBS, Entertainment One Films Australia nor their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS, Entertainment One Films Australia's control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
31. Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. The promoter takes no liability for any tax issues that may arise from winning a prize in this promotion. Consult an independent Tax Adviser on this.
33. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
34. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
35. The Promoter will not be responsible for: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
36. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
37. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
38. SBS and Entertainment One Films Australia assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the rights in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
39. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
40. The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues that may arise from winning a prize in this promotion. Consult an independent tax adviser on this.
41. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
42. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
43. The Promoter will not be responsible for: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
44. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
45. All details of the entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with the
Information Privacy Principles. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the SBS Privacy Contact Officer. Unless otherwise notified, SBS may use the entries and details of entrants for promotional and publicity purposes (including on-providing details of entrants. Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by SBS. SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
46. “The Promoter” SBS is the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
47. Authorised under permit numbers: VIC Permit No: 12/2938, NSW Permit No: LTPS/12/09679, ACT Permit No: TP 12/04401, and SA Permit No. T12/2266 .