SBS and 20th CENTURY FOX FILM DISTRIBUTORS PTY LTD 'Trip for 2 to Southern India' COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS 20th Century Fox Distributors Pty Ltd, Intrepid Tours and ZenithOptimedia and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The SBS and 20th CENTURY FOX FILM DISTRIBUTORS PTY LTD 'Trip for 2 to Southern India' Competition commences on Friday 14th December 2012 at 10:00AM AEDT and ends on Friday 11th January 2013 at 10:00AM AEDT.
4. To enter, participants must log onto sbs.com.au/film and follow the directions on the website. Participants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address, postcode and phone number.
5. Online entries are limited to one entry per email address. All entries become and remain the property of SBS.
6. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
The Major Prize provided by Prize Supplier to the Winner will consist of:
An Intrepid Travel 15 day Classic South India trip including:
• 14 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
• Transport on tour via boat, private vehicle, train
• All activities and entrance fees as per Intrepid Travel's tour itinerary
• Escorted tour - English speaking local tour leader and/or local guides
• Visit Chennai, Mamallapuram, Pondicherry, Madurai, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Alleppey/Kerala Backwaters, Kochi, and Trivandrum/Kovalum Beach.
• Accommodation on tour at Heritage Property (1 nt), Hotel (13 nts)
• Return economy class airfares (from Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney or Adelaide airports only) to Delhi, including taxes valued up to. $3,594.90
Total Prize Valued up to: $7,974.90
• Black out period: 23rd March 2013 to 20th April 2013.
• Travel must be completed by November 30th 2013
• The trip must be booked with Intrepid Travel and confirmed at least 60 days prior to departure.
• Both winner & guest must be at least 18 years of age
• Prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash
• Winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring they have valid passports (minimum 6 months validity) and applicable Visas.
8. All valid entries are automatically entered into the Major Prize draw. The Major Prize winner will be drawn by SBS at 14 Herbert St, Artarmon NSW, 2064 on Monday 14th January 2013 at 11:00 AM AEDT. The Major Prize winner will be notified by phone and email. Names of winners will be published on the SBS website, and published in The Australian on Wednesday 16th January 2013.
9. If the Major Prize winner cannot be contacted by Wednesday, 11th April, 2013, 10:00am AEDT, SBS will conduct a redraw at SBS, 14 Herbert St, Artarmon NSW, 2064 on Thursday, 12th April, 2013 at 11:00 am AEDT or each hour until a winner is contacted. The winner will be notified by phone and email. The name of the winner will be published on the SBS Film website, and published in The Australian on Monday 16th April 2013.
10. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
11. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
12. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
13. Once prizes have left the Prize Supplier's premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
14. Once booked and if approved by the Prize Supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. The winner of the prize (and their travel companion) will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the prize.
15. Travel must be completed as set out below. If travel has not been completed within this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed. The prize must be booked through Intrepid Tours at least 60 days prior to departure. Entrants must be able to travel up to November 30th 2013. (Black out periods apply from March 23rd to April 20th 2013).
16. Neither SBS nor Intrepid Tours, ZenithOptimedia and 20th CENTURY FOX FILM DISTRIBUTORS PTY LTD or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the Winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the prize package.
17. The Major Prize winner is responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Major Prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, passports, visas, additional spending money, freights, excess baggage, ground transportation. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
18. Travel arrangements to and from the nearest airport of departure do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
19. The prize winner and their travelling companion must travel on the same flight as each other to their destination.
20. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
21. Neither SBS nor Intrepid Tours, ZenithOptimedia and 20th CENTURY FOX FILM DISTRIBUTORS PTY LTD or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and Intrepid Tours, ZenithOptimedia and 20th CENTURY FOX FILM DISTRIBUTORS PTY LTD's control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
22. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
23. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
24. SBS, Intrepid Tours, ZenithOptimedia and 20th CENTURY FOX FILM DISTRIBUTORS PTY LTD assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the rights in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
25. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues that may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
27. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
28. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
29. The Promoter will not be responsible for: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
30. All details of the entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with the
31. “The Promoter” SBS is the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
32. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW Permit No: [LTPS/12/10721]; VIC Permit No, [12/3270]; SA Permit No: [T12/2496]; ACT Permit No: [12/04897].