Dec 18 (TheWrap.com) - Paramount has altered the marketing for its upcoming Tom Cruise film "Jack Reacher" to minimise the gunfire and violence, an individual with knowledge of the studio's plans told TheWrap.
While the studio declines to give specifics, its move was made because of the recent school shooting in Newtown, Conn. Paramount postponed last week's Pittsburgh premiere of the film, which opens in theaters on Friday.
"Jack Reacher" stars Cruise as a drifter and former military cop tracking down a sniper guilty of killing five. He becomes convinced the sniper is innocent and works to prove it.
The film opens with sniper fire, and the trailer features semi-automatic weapons (above) and a taser.
The studio took any appearance of gunfire and use of weapons under consideration in light of the recent tragedy, the second worst school shooting in United States history, the individual told TheWrap.
It has made no changes to the film and plans to release it as scheduled.