METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Employees of SBS, Dendy Cinemas, their associated companies and immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on Thursday, 25 July, 2013 at 09:00am AEST and ends on Wednesday, 7 August, 2013 at 11:59pm AEST (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must go to www.sbs.com.au/film and follow the directions on the website. By entering into this competition, participants consent to be signed up to receive the SBS Film e-newsletter. Participants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address and phone number and submit their entry by clicking on the “Enter Now” button. Entries are limited to one entry per email address.
5. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
The major prize winner will receive:
• One Dendy Gold Pass (valued at up to AUD$13,140).
The Gold Pass is valid for two people to any session at Dendy Cinema for twelve months (pass expires: Saturday, 9 August, 2014), anytime except for special events, Premieres or Dendy Premium Lounge sessions (Canberra) or Dendy Lounge sessions (Newtown).
RUNNER UP PRIZE:
Each of the 50 runners up winners will receive:
• One Dendy double Pass (valued at up to AUD$36.00 each)
Double pass is valid until Sunday, 10 November, 2013.Admission is subject to availability. Ticket is not transferable, refundable or exchangeable. Not valid for Met Opera, NT Live, premieres or special events. Not valid for premium Lounge or 3D sessions.
Total runner up prize value: AUD$1,800.00)
The total prize pool is valued at up to $14,940.00 (RRP)
8. All valid entries are automatically entered into the prize draw. The winners will be drawn at random by SBS on Thursday, 8 August, 2013 at 12:30pm AEST at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW. The winners will be notified in writing, by email and phone Thursday, 8 August, 2013. The names of the winners will be published in The Australian on Wednesday, 14 August, 2013 and on the SBS Film website on Wednesday, 14 August, 2013.
9. If any of the winners cannot be contacted by Thursday, 31 October, 2013 at 10:00am AEST, the winner(s) will be redrawn at random from all valid entries by SBS Corporation, at 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW on Thursday, 31 October, 2013 at 12:30pm AEST. The prize winner(w) will be notified in writing, by email and phone, published on the SBS Film website on Thursday, 31 October, 2013 and published in The Australian, Wednesday, 6 November, 2013.
10. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
11. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
12. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
13. Once prizes have left the prize supplier's premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
14. SBS's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
16. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
17. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
18. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
19. SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
20. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
22. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
23. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
24. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW Permit No: LTPS/13/04376; VIC Permit No: 13/1430; SA Permit No: T13/1072; ACT Permit No: TP 13/0212