With over 10,000 clicks from film buffs from across the world, ten finalists have been announced as part of the Venice Days “magnificent ten”. The selected films will be shown every day on the MyMovies website during this year's edition of the Venice Film Festival (28 August-7 September).
Among this selection of films taken from the nine first Venice Days events, one film will be selected as the best from the last decade through social networks, as well as industry workers.
The following is the ranking according to Venice Days' Facebook page, as well as email submissions:
1. The Life Of The Fish by Matias Bize (2010), 2,002 votes
2. Keep Smiling by Rusudan Chkonia (2012) 1,470 votes
3. Machan by Uberto Pasolini (2008) 1,243 votes
4. Ei in terra pax by Matteo Botrugno, Daniele Coluccini (2010) 778 votes
5. Historias que so existem quando lembradas by Julia Murat (2011) 384 votes
6. Shun Li and the Poet by Andrea Segre (2011) 264 votes
7. AzulOscuroCasiNegro by Daniel Sánchez Arévalo (2006) 158 votes
8. Habibi di Susan Youssef (2011) voti 147
9. C.R.A.Z.Y. by Jean-Marc Vallée (2005) 107 votes
10. Scorched by Denis Villeneuve (2010) 95 votes
The tenth edition of Venice Days will open on August 27 with the screening of L'arbitro by Paolo Zucca, starring Stefano Accorsi.
Translated from Italian
Read more exclusive contents on cineuropa.org.