METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents only, aged 18 years or older. Employees of SBS, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on Monday 18 November, 2013 at 12pm AEDT and ends on Sunday 1 December 2013 at 11:59pm (AEDT) (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, entrants must:
a) Take a photo that they think best captures this year's Tropfest theme: “Change” and; b) Post/Tag the photo to either of the following:
i. SBS 2 Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SBS2Australia?fref=ts
ii. SBS 2 Twitter page https://twitter.com/SBS2
iii. SBS 2 Instagram page http://statigr.am/tag/sbs2.
5. Entrants must also agree to be contacted by SBS via personal message and to provide their contact details including but not limited to their name, address, email address and phone number.
6. Entry must be submitted in accordance with entry requirements to be deemed valid.
7. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
8. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
9. The Prize winner will win: a) Two (2) return economy class flights from their nearest Australian capital city (excluding Sydney) to Sydney (valued at up to AUD$1,200 RRP GST inclusive); and b) Two (2) nights accommodation for two (2) people staying at QT Sydney (valued at AUD$1,000 RRP GST inclusive) (the “Prize”); and c) Nikon camera (valued at up to AUD $900 RRP GST inclusive); and d) Moonlight Cinemas Gold Grass Tropfest experience for 2 people (valued at up to AUD $200 RRP GST inclusive). The Prize is valued at up to AUD$3,300. Total prize valued at up to AUD$3,300 RRP (GST inclusive).
10. An SBS representative will judge all valid entries on Monday 2 December, 2013 at 12pm (AEDT) at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Prize winner will be notified in writing, by email and phone. The name of the prize winner will published on the SBS website www.sbs.com.au on Monday 2 December 2013.
11. If the Prize winner cannot be contacted by Tuesday 3 December at 5.00pm AEDT, SBS will select another winner at SBS, 14 Herbert St, Artarmon NSW, 2064 on Wednesday 4 December at 12:00 noon AEDT. The winner will be notified in writing, by phone and email. The name of the Prize winner will be published on the SBS website www.sbs.com.au.
12. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
13. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
14. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
15. Flights are from Australia, departing from Australian capital cities only (except Sydney). No stopovers are permitted.
16. Travel arrangements to and from the winner's nearest departure city airport do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the Major Prize winner.
17. Any taxes and/or surcharges, and additional costs are not included in the prize and are at the Prize Winner's own expense and responsibility.
18. Travel must be taken on the following dates to coincide with the Tropfest event: Saturday 7 December 2013 – Monday 9 December 2013 (the “Travel Period”). Entrants must be able to travel during the travel period.
19. If travel has not been completed within the travel period, tickets shall be deemed null and void. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
20. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Prize winner does not take the Prize or an element of the Prize within the time restrictions stipulated by Promoter, then the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Prize winner.
21. Neither SBS, nor their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the prize package.
22. Unless expressly stated all other costs and expenses associated with taking the Prize become the responsibility of the Prize winner including but not limited to:
a) transfers (not included in the Prize);
b) travel insurance;
c) spending money;
d) meals & drinks;
e) transport to/from the airport departure/return point;
f) any sightseeing or activities; and
g) all other incidental and ancillary costs incurred by the Prize Winner and/or their travel partner as a direct or indirect result of taking the Prize that are not otherwise stated as included in the Prize.
h) any non-flight or airline associated taxes or charges
i) laundry charges, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, excess baggage.
23. The Prize winner and their travel partner must depart from and return to the same point of departure and travel together.
24. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
25. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
26. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
28. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
29. SBS assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
30. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
31. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
34. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
35. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.