METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Employees of SBS, Dendy Cinemas, their associated companies and immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on Thursday, 27 February, 2014 at 10:00am AEDT and ends on Wednesday, 12 March, 2014 at 2:55am AEDT (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must:
a. Go to www.sbs.com.au/film and follow the directions on the website;
b. Provide SBS with their contact details, including (but not limited to) name, address and phone number;
c. Participants are automatically signed up to the SBS Film e-newsletter.
5. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
6. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. MAJOR PRIZE:
The major prize winner will receive:
• One (1) Dendy Gold Pass (valued at up to AUD$13,140 RRP inclusive of GST).
The Gold Pass is valid for two people to any session at Dendy Cinema for twelve months from date of issue, anytime except for special events, Premieres or Dendy Premium Lounge sessions (Canberra) or Dendy Lounge sessions (Newtown). Admission to individual sessions is subject to availability.
9. RUNNER UP PRIZE:
Each of the 50 runners up winners will receive:
• One (1) Dendy Double Pass (valued at up to AUD$36.00 each RRP inclusive of GST)
Double pass is valid until 13 March 2015. Admission is subject to availability. Ticket is not transferable, refundable or exchangeable. Not valid for Met Opera, NT Live, premieres or special events. Not valid for premium Lounge or 3D sessions. Admission to individual sessions is subject to availability.
Total runner up prize value: AUD$1,800.00 RRP inclusive of GST.
10. The total prize pool is valued at up to $14,940.00 RRP inclusive of GST.
11. All valid entries are automatically entered into the prize draw. The winners will be drawn at random by SBS on Thursday, 13 March, 2014 at 10:00am AEDT at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW. The winners will be notified in writing, by email and phone Friday 14 March, 2014. The names of the winners will be published in The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 18 March, 2014 and on the SBS Film website on Tuesday 18 March, 2014.
12. If any of the winners cannot be contacted by Monday 16 June, 2014 at 10:00am AEST, SBS or its nominated agent will draw another winner of the applicable prize from all remaining valid entries (“Second Chance Draw”). The Second Chance Draw winner will be notified in writing, by email and phone on Tuesday 17 June, 2014 at 10:30am (AEST) and published in The Australian newspaper on Thursday 19 June, 2014.
13. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
14. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
15. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
16. Once prizes have left the prize supplier's premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
17. SBS's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
19. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
20. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
21. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
22. SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
23. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
25. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
26. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
27. Authorised under permit numbers: ACT Permit No: 14/00286; NSW Permit No: LTPS/14/00592; SA Licence No: T14/144; VIC Permit No: 14/3311.