LOS ANGELES, April 11 (Reuters) - A Los Angeles judge on Friday approved a settlement between the estranged wife of late golden era Hollywood star Mickey Rooney and the conservator of his estate, ending a legal tussle over where the actor will be buried, the conservator's attorney said.
By
reuters.com

12 Apr 2014 - 8:25 AM  UPDATED 15 Apr 2014 - 10:04 AM

Rooney, who died on Sunday at age 93, will be buried at
Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles, the same resting
place of silent film stars Rudolph Valentino and Douglas
Fairbanks, according to the settlement approved by Los Angeles
Superior Court Judge Lesley Green, attorney Vivian Thoreen said.

Rooney wanted to be buried either alongside his Hollywood
peers or in a veterans' cemetery and not at a family plot,
Michael Augustine, the conservator of Rooney's estate, told the
court. Rooney served as an entertainer in World War Two.

A judge on Tuesday ordered Rooney's remains to be held at a
mortuary after Augustine alleged that Rooney's wife, Janice, had
attempted to have them removed.

Attorneys for Janice Rooney said she believed Rooney wanted
to be buried in a plot he owned in Westlake Village, California,
next to his mother.

Rooney, who had not lived with his wife since 2012,
disinherited his wife and eight children in his will. He left
behind an estate of only $18,000 to a stepson who had been his
primary caregiver.

The star of the "Andy Hardy" movies as a teen during the
Great Depression will be buried in a private funeral, but
Rooney's stepson Christopher Aber and Aber's wife will not be
able to attend the ceremony, according to the agreement.

Rooney sued Aber in 2011, alleging elder abuse and
mismanagement of his finances.

The diminutive actor known for his wise-cracking style wed
eight times, including to actress Ava Gardner.

(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Ken Wills)