SBS Movies Birdman WIN a Trip to New York Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Employees of SBS, 20th Century Fox Film Distribution, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible. If the Major Prize winner is under 18 years of age, their travelling companion must be aged 18 or over.
3. The competition period starts on Thursday 1 January 2015 at 10am (AEDT) and ends on Wednesday 14 January 2015 at 1:55am (AEDT) (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must:
• Go to www.sbs.com.au/movies and follow the directions on the website;
• Register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address, email address and phone number;
• Answer the following question in 25 words or less, “Which superhero have you always wanted to be and why?” and submit their entry by clicking on the “Enter Now” button.
5. Entries are subject to the following:
• Only one (1) entry per person permitted.
• Entry must be submitted in accordance with entry requirements to be deemed valid.
6. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The Major Prize winner will receive a trip for 2 to New York City, including:
- Destination: departing Major Prize winner’s nearest Australian capital city to New York City, USA
- Flights: return economy airfares for two (2) people, valued up to AUD$6,000 (RRP) inclusive of GST;
- Accommodation: five (5) nights’ accommodation for two (2) people in a twin/double room in a 4 star hotel. Valued up to AUD$3,035 (RRP) inclusive of GST;
- Transfers: includes a meet and greet private car service to and from the New York City airport and the hotel. Valued up to AUD$327 (RRP) inclusive of GST;
- Travel Insurance: basic cover for two (2) people with Canopius Insurance, valued up to AUD$140 (RRP) inclusive of GST;
- Voucher: towards a Broadway show. Valued at AUD$300
- Spending money AUD$466
Major Prize is valued at AUD$10,268 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
9. Runner-up Prize will consist of:
• Theatrical double-pass to Birdman, valued at AUD$36 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
• There are 20 Runner-up Prizes to be won.
Total Runner-up Prize pool valued at AUD$720 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
10. The total Prize pool will be valued at AUD$10,988 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
11. An SBS representative will judge all valid entries on Wednesday 14 January 2015 from 3pm (AEDT) at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Major Prize winner will be notified by phone and email. The Runner-up Prize winners will be notified by email. The names of the Prize winners will be published on the SBS website www.sbs.com.au/movies on Friday 16 January 2015.
12. If any of the Prize winners cannot be contacted by Monday 30 March 2015 at 3pm (AEDT), SBS or its nominated agent will award the Prize to the next best entry from all remaining valid entries (“Second Chance Draw”). The Second Chance Draw winner will be notified by email and phone on Tuesday 31 March 2015 at 3pm (AEDT).
13. There may be circumstances in which the Promoter cannot provide the Prizes as described for reasons beyond its reasonable control. In those circumstances, the Promoter will provide an alternative prize or prizes of equal or greater value to the promoted Prizes.
14. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
15. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the Prizes.
16. Once Prizes have left the Prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
17. The Major Prize winner must book their travel through 20th Century Fox Film Distributors or their nominated agent prior to Friday 29 June 2015. Travel must be completed by Friday 31 July 2015 (“Travel Period”). If the Major Prize winner is not available or able to travel to all destinations forming part of the Major Prize during the Travel Period, the tickets shall be deemed null and void and the Major Prize will be forfeited. For the avoidance of doubt, the Major Prize winner must be one of the travellers taking up the Major Prize.
18. The Major Prize winner and their travel companion will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the Major Prize. Bookings are subject to conditions and availability and are not re-routable. Once booked and approved by the Major Prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
19. Blackout dates apply during school holidays and periods of higher season. As part of the Major Prize, travel is not permitted during black-out periods and higher season periods. Exact blackout periods will be confirmed with the Major Prize winner at time of booking.
20. Major Prize Winner must have access to a personal email account.
21. Major Prize Winner will need a credit or debit card in order to provide a security deposit at the hotel upon check-in.
22. Travel insurance will be supplied to each of the Major Prize winner & their companion(s) before departure with no pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance is subject to restrictions & the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. It is the responsibility of the Major Prize winner and their companion to consider whether the level of insurance provided is appropriate for their requirements and to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition or for any additional costs as may be specified, including where the winner &/or their companion(s) are aged 65 or over.
23. Neither SBS nor Prize supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the Major Prize winner taking part in any aspect of the Major Prize. Where relevant, the Major Prize winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the Major Prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
24. Prize winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prizes, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation, any tax liabilities, airport charges, incidentals, gratuities, service charges, optional extras, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. A credit card imprint may be required from the Major Prize winner and their guest by the hotel for incidental charges.
25. Travel arrangements to and from the nearest capital city airport in Australia do not form part of the Major Prize and are the responsibility of the Major Prize winner.
26. The Major Prize winner and their travelling companion must travel together to all destinations forming part of the Major Prize.
27. All Major Prize travel will be subject to the Prize supplier’s General Conditions of Carriage. The Promoter and Prize supplier make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel. International travel advice may be obtained from various sources including local government, local consular offices and www.smarttraveller.gov.au.
28. Neither SBS nor the Prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and Prize supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the Prize in accordance with the Prize description.
29. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues, which may arise from accepting a Prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
30. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
31. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
32. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
33. SBS assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
34. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
35. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
36. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
38. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
39. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.