• Corey Feldman (2013 file photo). (AAP)Source: AAP
Actor says he is emboldened by sexual abuse scandals gripping Hollywood, and can name names about an alleged ring of high profile child abusers.
By
reuters.com

Source:
Reuters
26 Oct 2017 - 11:23 AM  UPDATED 26 Oct 2017 - 11:23 AM

LOS ANGELES (Variety.com) - Corey Feldman has launched a "Truth Campaign" to finance a documentary about his life and uncover the truth surrounding sexual abuse in Hollywood.

In an almost seven-minute video, Feldman explains his plans to shed light on alleged paedophiles working in entertainment. His plea is prompted by a chain reaction of sexual harassment allegations being brought up within the industry, starting with Harvey Weinstein.

"What I am proposing is a plan that can literally change the entertainment system as we know it," he says. "I believe that I can also bring down, potentially, a paedophile ring that I have been aware of since I was a child. Right off the bat, I can name six names, one of them who is still very powerful today. And a story that links all the way up to a studio. It connects paedophilia to one of the major studios."

As of Wednesday afternoon, his Indiegogo campaign had raised $23,317 of its flexible US$10 million goal.

"I propose to do this by making a film that will be [the most] honest and true depiction of child abuse ever portrayed, by telling my own story in a very real way, in a very honest way, with no editing, no censorship, no studio behind it," he says. "I will make the film, I will direct the film, I will produce the film, and I will self-distribute it to guarantee it gets a theatrical release with your donations. Additionally, it will help me buy the security and the legal team I need to protect my family."

He continues, "Once it's done, I believe we can revolutionise the film industry in a way that we can root out the evil and make it safe for our kids again."

Feldman previously revealed that he and his childhood friend Corey Haim were molested as young actors by Hollywood heavyweights. In the video, Feldman calls upon his fellow '80s child stars to come forward with their own stories.

"I'm very afraid to do this. It's not easy. I've been living in fear and have been living with this my entire life," he says. "As most victims have, I've been made to feel awkward, misunderstood, and I've been degraded at great levels. Rumors have been told, stories have been made up about me. And I've been insulted and degraded in ways that were unimaginable to me. All because they fear what I know as the truth."

He adds, "Not just the entertainment industry, the entire world, the entire planet can come together over this issue because our children are the most sacred things we have."

Watch the full video below:

RELATED
Quentin Tarantino on Harvey Weinstein: 'I knew enough to do more than I did'
"I wish I had taken responsibility for what I heard," says the director, of the Harvey Weinstein sex abuse scandal.
Corey Feldman would “love to name names” about sex abuse in Hollywood
He talks about his late friend Corey Haim’s rape at 11 years of age.