The Nine Network is dominating the all-important evening timeslots with its hour-long news service paying off the latest TV ratings show.
A Current Affair appears to be gaining the upper hand on long-running soap Home And Away which will cause a few headaches for the Seven Network.
The Nine Network is now dominating the all-important 6pm to 7.30pm timeslots which are considered vital to promoting other programming and also retaining viewers for the rest of the night.
Nine took a gamble on January 6 when it went to an hour-long news service and pushed A Current Affair (ACA) back to 7pm to take on Home And Away.
The Seven soap won the first week of official ratings, which started February 9, but ACA has won both nights this week and by a decisive margin.
On Monday the margin was about 200,000 viewers and on Tuesday ACA was sixth with 1.013 million viewers and Home And Away was 11th with 874,000 viewers on OzTAM's overnight ratings.
Nine also had a decisive win with its hour-long news service which is broken into two segments for ratings purposes.
Nine News (1.106 million) was third and Nine News 6.30pm (1.085 million) was fourth.
In comparison, Seven's News (986,000) was eighth and Seven News/Today Tonight (944,000) was ninth with 944,000.
Reality shows My Kitchen Rules (1.883 million) and The Block: Fans v Faves (1.149 million) were first and second, respectively, on Tuesday.
Getting crunched in the reality show wars is Network Ten's The Biggest Loser Challenge which was 28th with 323,000 viewers.
Most watched shows on Tuesday
1. My Kitchen Rules (Seven) - 1.883 million
2. The Block: Fans v Faves (Nine) - 1.149 million
3. Nine News (Nine) - 1.106 million
4. Nine News 6.30pm (Nine) - 1.085 million
5. Winners & Losers (Seven) - 1.041 million
6. A Current Affair (Nine) - 1.013 million
7. The Big Bang Theory (Nine) - 995,000
8. Seven News (Seven) - 986,000
9. Seven News/Today Tonight (Seven) - 944,000
10. The Big Bang Theory rpt (Nine) - 919,000
11. Home And Away (Seven) - 874,000
28. The Biggest Loser: Challenge (Ten) - 323,000
* Source OzTAM