Australia

Burning candle sparks Melbourne house fire

A candle is believed to have sparked a fire in a Melbourne home, with the female resident suffering burns to her back.

A Melbourne house has gone up in flames and a woman has suffered burns after a candle was left burning overnight.

Firefighters arrived at a Ringwood East home on Mt Dandenong Road at 2.10am on Monday to find the single storey brick home well alight. A woman resident had escaped the home but suffered burns on her back.

It's believed the fire started from a candle burning inside the home.

Stay up to date with SBS NEWS

  • App
  • Subscribe
  • Follow
  • Listen
  • Watch