A royal commission has heard a significant number of pupils were abused by staff at the prestigious Geelong Grammar School over five decades.
GEELONG GRAMMAR ABUSE - THE TEACHERS WHO WERE FOUND OUT
* GRAHAM LESLIE DENNIS: Jailed 2008 on for gross indecency, indecent assault on male student late 1950s.
* JOHN HAMILTON BUCKLEY: Worked at school 1962-1991. In 2014 admitted 14 charges dating from 1980, including indecent assault, gross indecency, sexual penetration of minor, child pornography. Remanded Port Phillip Prison awaiting sentence. Not to be confused with another teacher named John Buckley.
* JONATHAN HARVEY: Maths teacher 1969, then 1971-2004. Jailed 32 months (22 suspended) after admitting 10 counts of sexual abuse and gross indecency. To give evidence at royal commission.
* PHILIPPE TRUTMANN: Live-in boarding house assistant, Highton campus 1985-1996. Convicted 2005 of abusing 40 students 1985-1995, including gross indecency, indecent acts with child, possessing 485 images and 159 videos of child pornography. Jailed 6-1/2 years, then further 12 months (suspended) after admitting indecently assaulting another former student.
* STEFAN VAN VURREN: Teacher. Took pictures up skirt of female students on field trip October 2007. Nine-month community-based order.
OTHERS: Rev Norman Smith (deceased), assistant chaplain late 1950s; Rev John Davison (deceased), chaplain 1970s; Max Guzelian (deceased) - music teacher 1970s; Andrew MacCulloch (deceased) - teacher 1985-91 - sacked; BIM - tutor 1967, returned 1970 as teacher.
(Source: Counsel assisting child abuse royal commission David Lloyd)