The tail end of Cyclone Debbie is wreaking havoc in New Zealand, causing widespread flooding several days after it tore through Australia's east coast.
The overall cost of Cyclone Debbie
- Queensland -
* Currently at five with three still missing.
* 650 residences in northern Qld ruled uninhabitable.
* 38 homes inundated by floodwaters in the southeast.
* Central Qld still bracing for worst flooding since 1954.
* 230,000 lost power.
* More than 1000 volunteers have registered to help residents in southeast Queensland whose homes were inundated by floodwaters.
* Emergency services and SES crews also remain on the ground.
* Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk estimates it to be in the billions.
* More than 25,000 applications for Immediate Hardship Assistance grants.
- NSW -
* Lismore, Tweed heads, Murwillumbah and Mullumbimby hardest hit.
* 1000 people were left stranded in the lower Richmond Valley.
* Evacuation order for Tumbulgum.
* Worst floods to hit northern NSW in 40 years.
* More than 500 emergency personnel still working on damage assessment.
* SES preparing to hand over clean-up coordination to local councils and NSW government as emergency subsides.
* Surpassed the $200 million mark this week, and is expected to rise.
- New Zealand -
* Widespread flooding on North Island.
* Thousands evacuated from their homes.
* 10,000 home without power in Auckland.
* State of emergency declared in two cities.
* Water pumps brought into Edgecumbe, which has been under water for two days.
* Still unknown