Australia

Electrocuted NSW worker mourned by friends

Friends have paid tribute to a 24-year-old man who was electrocuted on a warehouse roof in Sydney.

A man electrocuted while carrying out work on a Sydney roof has been remembered as "one of a kind" by friends who are mourning the 24-year-old's death.

Joel White died on Monday afternoon when he brushed against electrical wires while holding a metal pole on a Moorebank rooftop.

His four co-workers were rescued from the roof with one man taken to Liverpool Hospital suffering burns to his legs.

The men were reportedly removing asbestos from the roof.

Friends paid tribute to Mr White on social media on Tuesday morning.

"Rest In Peace Joel White. Never forget the memories we made growing up together, one of a kind," one man wrote.

Another friend said he was "numb and in disbelief".

"We are all in pain," the man wrote.

"An Angel that we all loved so dearly has been taken from us."

Authorities had to shut off the power before they could retrieve Mr White's body and declare him dead.

Police and SafeWork NSW are investigating the incident. A report will be prepared for the coroner.

Stay up to date with SBS NEWS

  • App
  • Subscribe
  • Follow
  • Listen
  • Watch