The Morrison government have introduced two bills to parliament cracking down on union misbehaviour and workers' entitlement funds.
ENSURING INTEGRITY BILL
* Introduce a public interest test for union mergers. History of breaking industrial laws can be considered.
* Automatic disqualifications of unions and officials guilty of "serious criminal offences" punishable by five years' jail or more
* Make it an offence for disqualified officials to continue in their role
Give the Federal Court power to:
* Disqualify officials if they are not "fit and proper" to hold office
* Cancel the registration of unions
* More power to order remedial action to deal with union governance
* Appoint an administrator to a union
WORKER ENTITLEMENT FUND CHANGES
* Apply governance, financial reporting and financial disclosure requirements to worker entitlement funds