Senator Nick Xenophon will contest the suburban seat of Hartley in the 2018 South Australian election.
THE SA SEAT NICK XENOPHON HOPES TO WIN IN THE SA PARLIAMENT:
* Created in 1976, Hartley is located in Adelaide's affluent eastern suburbs.
* It was considered a safe Labor seat until a 1991 redistribution and has been held by both the Labor and Liberal parties since.
* The seat is currently held by Liberal Vincent Tarzia who took it from Labor in 2014 with a 2.4 per cent margin.
* A 2016 redistribution made it notionally safer for the Liberals with the margin put at 3.3 per cent.
* The seat is home to a large number of residents with an Italian background.