How you can help: Bushfire appeals


The bushfires in Victoria are the worst in Australia\'s history. Find out how you can help.

Bushfire appeals

The main Bushfire Appeal is the Victorian Bushfires Appeal - which is being run by the Red Cross.

The Red Cross: Call 1800 811 700

Donate to the Bushfires Appeal Fund online or give a blood donation.

Cash donations can also be made at Bunnings Stores or through the National Australia Bank:

Accomodation hotline

A new hotline has been set up for people who want to offer accomodation to the survivors of the tragedy:

Bushfire Accommodation Donation Hotline - 1800 006 468

National Australia Bank

: call 136 622

NAB account:

BSB 082001

Account: 860046797

Other charities and banks have launched also bushfire appeals to help raise money for the victims of the disaster:

Salvation Army: Call 13 SALVOS (137258) or donate online

Anglicare hotline 132 622

WA Samaritans: 1800 198 313

Bendigo Bank:

1300 366 666 or online


Centrelink offers emergency payments for victims of the disaster - simply go online of call 180 2211.

Local councils

You can make offers of clothing and accomodation directly to shires in areas affected by the bushfires:

Alpine Shire - (03) 5755-0513

Baw Baw Shire - 1300 859 446

Cardinia Shire - 1300 787 634

City of Greater Bendigo - (03) 5447 2248

City of Horsham - (03) 5382 9794

Nillumbilk Shire - (03) 9438 5299

Yarra Ranges - 1300 368 333

Murrindini Shire - (03) 5772 0333

Mitchell Shire - (03) 5734 6232

Whittlesea Shire - (03) 9217 2170

Animal assistance:

RSPCA Victoria is co-ordinating efforts to help animal victims and to help owners reunite with their missing pets

Latest information - Victoria

If you are concerned about relatives and friends living in the bushfire areas in Victoria, telephone the emergency hotline 1800-240-667.

For a summary of current incidents, as well as updates and advice, go to the Victorian Country Fire Authority website.

Latest information - New South Wales

Meanwhile, for a list of current incidents and major fire updates in NSW, go to the NSW Rural Fire Service website.

Source: SBS