Chinese man Longwei Xu will spend at least two-and-a-half years in jail for multiple sexual assault offences committed in a Sydney hotel room in December 2015.
A Chinese property developer who sexually assaulted a vulnerable fellow guest at a Sydney dinner party after telling her "she could not refuse him" will spend at least two-and-a-half years in jail.
Longwei Xu, 29, was found guilty in July of seven offences including sexual intercourse without consent involving an intoxicated 20-year-old model at his hotel room in The Rocks on Boxing Day 2015.
He pulled off her bra and underwear, made her touch his genitals, digitally penetrated her and slapped her.
Downing Centre District Court Judge Nicole Noman on Friday sentenced Xu to four years' jail with a non-parole period of two-and-a-half years, noting the victim's hour-long ordeal was "interspersed with struggling and protestation".
"Mr Xu displayed a sense of entitlement and acted to take what he wanted without any regard of the victim," she said.
The judge said the woman testified she was "initially drunk" but the shock of being pinned down "sobered her up" and she still suffers from flashbacks.
"She said that she struggled, that she said no, that she was 'not that kind of woman'," Judge Noman said.
"She said Mr Xu at one stage said to her she could not refuse him."
The pair had been two of eight guests at a party hosted by Chinese billionaire Richard Liu before the woman, who had tried white wine for the first time, fell sick. It was decided Xu would accompany her home.
CCTV showed her physically ill and bent over in a lift as Xu instead took her up to his Shangri-La Hotel room.
The judge said the then-26-year-old, also known as Tommy Xu, took advantage of the woman's "alcohol-rendered vulnerability" and was opportunistic, exploitative and reliant on his charm.
"His comment about her not being able to resist him ... reflects his arrogance, his low regard for the victim and her obvious disinterest in him," she said.
The judge accepted it was entirely likely Xu's own intoxication impacted upon his rational judgment.
Defence barrister Winston Terracini SC said Xu maintained his innocence and denied the offences.
"He is fully aware that as a result of making that submission through me, it impacts upon any statements of regret or remorse," Mr Terracini said.
Xu faces deportation upon release. He'll be eligible for parole in January 2021.