NSW Labor has released the main findings of an independent report into complaints against federal MP Emma Husar.
FINDINGS OF WHELAN REPORT INTO EMMA HUSAR:
Barrister John Whelan independently assessed complaints against federal Labor member for Lindsay, Emma Husar and found:
* There is no basis for Ms Husar to resign from parliament (however she has said she will step down at the next election).
* Allegations of misuse of public entitlements should be referred to the Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority. (Already under way)
* Allegations of sexual harassment were not supported.
* Allegations of lewd conduct in the office of a fellow MP were not supported.
* Allegations of misleading the parliament were not supported.
* Complaints that staff performed non-work related and personal duties for Husar have merit and should be referred to the Department of Finance's Ministerial and Parliamentary Services (MOPS) for advice.
* Complaints that staff were subjected to unreasonable management including, unreasonable communication, demands, practices and disciplinary methods have merit.
* MOPS should review the electorate office staff complaints resolution process.
* Full report will be kept confidential.