No flammable cladding has been removed from NSW buildings a month after the state government warned more than 1000 properties could contain the product.
The NSW premier says residents must take some responsibility for the safety of their homes after it was revealed no flammable cladding has been removed from buildings in the state.
More than 1000 buildings may contain flammable cladding similar to the product blamed for London's Grenfell Tower Fire, the government has confirmed.
But NSW Better Regulation Minister Matthew Kean revealed none of it had been removed when he appeared at a budget estimates hearing on Monday.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian on Tuesday said the state government was contacting property owners to identify which buildings were at risk, but that it was a "two-way" street and owners needed to answer queries in a timely manner.
In the meantime, she said residents should check the status of their buildings with owners.
"Have they passed on the information? Have they done their due diligence? Government is working really hard but we also need the owners to work hard," she told reporters.
Ms Berejiklian also faced claims building owners hadn't been given deadlines to clarify if the cladding on their properties was dangerous.
The premier said the government was in the process of resolving the issue.
"I understand and the government has ensured every owner gets back to us to give us a status ... we're going through that audit process ... so we can take any action we need to move it forward," she told reporters.
But Greens MP David Shoebridge criticised the government for not enforcing the removal of the material.
"Despite serious fire risks being identified, the government has done nothing, other than send some letters, to ensure that properties have this dangerous cladding removed," Mr Shoebridge said in a statement.