Australia

Police release footage of Melbourne shooting as hunt for gunman continues

0:00

Police are on the hunt for a gunman after a Melbourne home was targeted twice earlier this month.

Footage of a masked man wearing a military vest and portable radio shooting at a Melbourne home has been released in the hunt for the attacker.

The dual shootings appear to be a targeted attack and may have links to outlaw bikie gangs and Middle Eastern organised crime, police say.

The Bray Street, Reservoir property was hit twice last week and police on Wednesday released CCTV still of the first shooting on 4 June.

The man fired shots into the front door and kicked it making demands for someone to come out, before leaving in a vehicle which was pulled up waiting in the street.

Melbourne shooting
The shooting took place on June 4 and may be linked to organised crime, police said.
SBS News

Four people in the home at the time were not injured.

The second shooting happened at the same home four days later on Saturday when a 20-year-old man walked out of his home to meet up with someone in a black coloured Porsche SUV in the street about 1.30am.

A man jumped out of the car firing shots and continued firing the gun as the victim ran for cover back towards his home.

The 20-year-old man was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The car was later found burnt out in Brunswick East.

"This footage is confronting and in releasing it we're hoping that someone will come forward with information," Anti-Gangs Division Detective Superintendent Peter Brigham said in a statement.

"The people involved in this have friends, they have relatives, someone knows who is responsible and I'm urging those people to come forward - we don't want anyone else to get hurt."

Stay up to date with SBS NEWS

  • App
  • Subscribe
  • Follow
  • Listen
  • Watch