A man convicted over the Russell Street bombing is due in court over 38 charges in relation to the abduction and aggravated rape of two women three decades ago.
A man convicted over the Russell Street bombing has spent the night in custody after being accused of the abduction and rape of two women more than 30 years ago.
Peter Michael Komiazyk, 61, faced the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Thursday evening and was remanded overnight to appear again on Friday over 38 offences including abduction by force and aggravated rape.
He is also known as Peter Reed.
The assaults occurred in South Yarra on November 22 in 1985 and the second allegedly at bomber Craig Minogue's house in Nunawading on March 26, 1986.
The victims were allegedly abducted and repeatedly raped for hours by multiple people.
A 19-year-old woman raped on the eve of the March 27, 1986 bombing had been inside the Russell St police complex, making a statement, when the bomb exploded, the court was told.
Minogue, 56, who is in custody in Barwon Prison over the 1986 police complex bombing that killed 21-year-old Constable Angela Taylor, is also believed to have been involved in the assaults, Detective Senior Constable Tony Benham said.
Russell St bomber Stanley Brian Taylor was also allegedly involved in the 1986 incident, the court was told.
Both men have been charged with 38 offences including abduction by force and aggravated rape over the historic assaults. Minogue is due to face court in June.
Komiazyk's lawyer Steven Pica made a failed bid for his release on Thursday night.
Police are still searching for another person in relation to the incidents.