For more detailed information based on where you live, there are small business portals specific to your home state.
Here are links to each state’s business portal.
Queensland: Business Queensland
New South Wales: Small Business Commissioner
Victoria: Business Victoria
South Australia: SA Business Hub
Tasmania: Business Tasmania
Western Australia: Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC)
Northern Territory: Business and Industry
On each site you’ll find:
- Links to useful business sites
- Application forms for licenses and permits
- Information about language services
- Contact details for advisors and mentors
- Dates for conferences and training days
- Grants and support services
If you’re looking for information about how to start a small business, government websites are a good place to begin. They contain important information to help you with registering your business name, applying for an ABN and understanding business tax.