1. I counted at least 15 black people on that [Oscars opening] montage.
Hey! Well, I'm here at the Academy Awards. Otherwise known as the white people's choice awards. Do you realise if they nominated hosts, I wouldn't even get this job.
"It is not about boycotting anything. It is just we want opportunity. We want black actors to get the same opportunities. That's it."
2. Why this Oscars, you know. It is the 88th Annual Academy Awards. Which means, which means this whole no-black nominees thing has happened at least 71 other times. You got to figure that it happened in the 50s, in the 60s.
I'm sure there was no black nominees in some of those years, say '62 or '63, and black people did not protest. Why? Because we have real things to protest at the time. You know. Too busy being raped and lynched to care about who won best cinematography.
You know, when your grandmother is swinging from a tree, it is really hard to care about best documentary.
This year, things are going to be a little different at the Oscars. This year in the 'In Memorium' package, it's just gonna black people that were shot by the cops on their way to the movies.
3. Hey, if you want black nominees every year, you need to just have black categories. That's what you need. You need to have a black category.
You know, Robert De Niro never said "I better slow this acting down so Meryl Streep can catch up". No. Not at all man. If you want black people every year at the Oscars, just have black categories.
You already do it with men and women. Think about it. There is no real reason for there to be a man and a woman category, in acting.
4. Yeah, we have got a black Rocky this year, yeah, some people call it 'Creed', I call it black Rocky. And that's a big - that's an unbelievable statement. I mean, because Rocky takes place in a world where white athletes are as good as black athletes. So Rocky is a science fiction movie.
5. It is not about boycotting anything. It is just we want opportunity. We want black actors to get the same opportunities. That's it.
6. Is Hollywood racist? You damn right Hollywood is racist but it is not the racist that you have grown accustomed to. Hollywood is sorority racist. It is like we like you Rhonda but you're not a Kappa.
7. You want diversity. We got diversity. Please welcome Emily Blunt and somebody whiter, Charlize Theron.