What images or icons truly signify the way you feel about your connection to Australia as land and home?
As a proud distinguished partner of the 2020 Sydney Festival, NITV has an exciting opportunity for five of our creative friends and followers to have their design flown as part of the Sydney Festival’s Proclamation exhibit.
Proclamation is a large-scale art installation at Barangaroo Reserve, flying 250 flags that explore Australians’ diverse ideas about land, country, belonging and possession.
We want to hoist your design high on a flag pole, but you need to act quickly. Entries need to be submitted by Thursday, 28 November 2019.
How To Enter:
- Applicants are asked to create a design which reflects their ideas of, and connection to, land, country and belonging.
- Applicants need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00pm ADST on 28 November 2019 which includes the following:
- Final design in a JPEG, AI or PDF format meeting the below criteria:
- Correctly completed and signed Sydney Festival Content and Release Form (found here).
- Applicants (or applicants with guardians') full name, address and phone number.
- Designs must be PG classification, designs with offensive images or wording will not be accepted.
- Design your flag using our template as a guide. Kids can use an A3 or A4 sheet of paper.
- You can submit your designs via JPEG or PDF and submit to email@example.com
- Flag size will be 1500 x 750 and flown on a standard 6mtr flag pole.
- Designs are open interpretation of the individual's association to land, country and people.
- Submissions could be a favourite landscape, flower or tree or even a picture of your family in front of your house.
- You can use any medium: paints, digital design, crayons, photography etc.
- Children are encouraged to enter.
- Images must be supplied in High Res format — You can download technical specs here.
Five Major Prize winners will each receive their design printed as a full-sized flag which will be flown as part of Sydney Festival’s Proclamation, a large-scale art installation at Barangaroo Reserve.
Flags will be on display for 6 days during Sydney Festival 2020 (8-26 January 2020).
Winners will be notified when their flag will be flown. After the installation, the printed flag will be sent to the winner to keep.
Five Prize Winners will be selected from all valid entries.
A panel selected by the Promoter will judge all valid entries and the winner(s) will be selected on 29 November 2019 at 10.30am ADST at 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064.
Prize Winner Notification:
Winners will be notified by email on 2 December 2019.
Winners’ names will also be published on the NITV website on 6 December 2019.
Q. What is Proclamation about?
Proclamation is an observational body of work linking the community and their idea or association of belonging to the land and country, and more specifically, the interpretation of land ownership. It will be premiered on 8 - 26 January 2020.
The concept was created by Aboriginal artist Jacob Nash. The general public has been asked to participate, by designing a flag that speaks to their sense of belonging to land and country.
Q. Is there an age limit?
No age limit, we encourage all creative participants to design their own flag.
Q. What mediums can I use and what can images can I create?
You can create your designs in any medium: graphic design, photo, paint, spray paint, crayons, textas, chalk etc.
Your flag designs is open interpretation, it can be a picture of your family in front of your house, favourite landscape or abstract designs.
Q. What is the size of the flags and are there technical specifications?
Designs must be PG classification, design with offensive images or wording will not be accepted. You can design your flag on any sized paper.
You can submit your designs via JPEG or PDF
Flag size will be 1500 x 750 and flown on a standard 6mtr flag pole
Q. What else do I need to know?
If your design is selected, you will be notified of the date your flags will be flown at Barangaroo Reserve; each flag will be flown for 6 days.
Your individual design will be printed on a 1.8 x 900 flag and hoisted on 6mtr flag pole during the festival season in January 2020
After the installation ends on 27 January 2020, your flag will be returned to your designated postal address.
As this is a public community contribution, there is no payment or reward for your entry; however, acknowledgements of the contributor will be provided on the Sydney Festival website at the time of the premiere of the festival in January 2020.
Proclamation NITV Competition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Competition: Proclamation NITV Competition.
Promoter: National Indigenous Television (NITV), a division of Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (ABN 91 314 398 574) (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064. Phone: 1800 500 727.
Entry Restrictions: The Competition is open to Australian residents only. Employees of the Promoter, the Prize Supplier(s) and associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
Competition Period: Commences: 8:00am ADST on 18th November 2019.
Closes: 5:00pm ADST on 28th November 2019.
Maximum Number of Entries: One per person.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition. The Promoter may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion, subject to approval of the relevant state authorities.
2. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions above.
3. To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the process outlined in the Entry Details during the Competition Period. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
4. Entrants may enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Each entry must be submitted separately and meet the eligibility requirements.
5. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated Prize delivery address and proof of entry validity, in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be deemed invalid.
7. All valid entries are automatically entered into the Winner Selection process, which will take place at the times and dates set out in the Schedule, including any specified Second Chance Draw.
8. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification details in the Schedule.
10. All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Schedule and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
11. If a Prize is date specific, the Winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the date/s specified in the Schedule. If the Winner is not able to redeem the Prize on the specified date/s, the Promoter may determine another Winner in its absolute discretion.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition or in connection with taking up the Prizes.
13. Once Prizes have left the Prize Supplier’s premises, no responsibility is taken for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
14. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
15. All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to state regulations.
16. If the Prize involves tickets to an event or travel, the Promoter is not responsible for any change in times or dates, cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize Winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
17. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
18. Travel portions of a Prize may be subject to blackout dates and travel periods as specified in the Schedule. If travel has not been redeemed within this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void.
19. Rewards program points cannot be accrued when taking up the Prize.
20. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once booked and approved by the Prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
21. Neither the Promoter nor the Prize Supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury that results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the Winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the Prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
22. The Winner and their travelling companion are responsible for any visa requirements associated with the Prize. In the event that the Winner or their companion are unable to obtain appropriate visas, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the Prize winner’s or their companion's inability to take the Prize.
23. Winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, incidentals, gratuities, services charges, optional extras, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, travel insurance is not included in the Prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
24. If a Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the avoidance of doubt, the Winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the Prize includes room charges only and no ancillary costs such as room service.
25. Travel arrangements to and from the Winner’s departure city airport do not form part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the Winner.
26. The Winner and their travelling companion must travel together on the same dates and to and from the same destination.
27. All travel will be subject to the general conditions of carriage. The Promoter and Prize Supplier make no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the responsibility of the Winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
28. Neither the Promoter nor the Prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond the Promoter and the Prize supplier's control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the Prize in accordance with the Prize description.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the Promoter’s opinion, includes objectionable content.
30. This Competition is a game of skill and chance will play no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit.
31. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
32. The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a Prize in this Competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
33. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
34. The Promoter and the Prize Supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Subject to state regulations.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
36. Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
37. The Promoter may use entrants' names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. The Promoter may also be required to disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, co-promoter and to state and territory gaming departments to assist in conducting the Competition.
39. Any entrant found to be using multiple social media accounts to enter the Competition may be disqualified at SBS’s sole discretion.
40. Entrants acknowledge this Competition is in no way associated with or sponsored or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this Competition is not provided to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
Sydney Festival runs 8 - 26 January and transforms the NSW capital with theatre, dance, music, circus, visual arts and big ideas. Follow the events #sydfest