Mark Olive teaches you how to make this luscious buttercream filling you can pretty much use on anything.
1/2 cups Icing sugar
30mls Passion Bery syrup (or 2 passionfruit, scooped out)
Bowl - mixing
Glass Bowls (ingredients)
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- In a mixing bowl, add softened butter and whip with electric beater until light and fluffy
- Gradually add the icing sugar.
- When half of the icing sugar has been added, start to add the passion berry syrup (or the passionfruit).
- Incorporate the rest of icing sugar until completely combined
- Transfer the buttercream into a piping back and pipe it onto the underside of the shortbread, creating a sandwich with another biscuit.
- Once all assembled dust with icing sugar.