Who is leaving a legacy in your Community?
In celebration of this years’ NAIDOC week theme 'Because of Her, We Can', NITV is creating a digital photo album of remarkable Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women.
Over NAIDOC we will showcase a diverse range of inspiring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women across Australia chosen by their loved ones.
Share #Herstory by nominating a sister, an Aunty, a friend, or someone in your community to be a part of our digital photo album. You can do this by simply...
- Sending us a photo:
Send us a solo portrait of the woman you are nominating. Photos can be in either colour or black & white taken on camera or smartphone. It can have any background or location, but must be a clear solo photograph of your nominee (no group shots!).
- Short paragraph testimonial:
Tell us about her. Who is she? Why does she inspire others? Please include her town or city and state, and try to include the Nation or Language group which she identifies.
- Send it to us!
- Nominees must be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, but any persons can nominate.
- Submissions must have permission from the nominee.
- Nominees must be living and aged 18+.
- If published, testimonials may be edited by NITV for tone, word count and spelling and grammar.
- NITV welcomes nominations of gender diverse and non-binary women, and transwomen and sistergirls.
- If you post a nomination, please include a return address so that we can send your photo back to you.
Submissions close midnight Friday, 29 June 2018
*Nan McCardell is a character in NITV's teen drama, Grace Beside Me