Anthony Mundine has commented on Blake Ferguson's career when he announced the details of the boxing bout between himself and Shane Moseley at the Mundine Gym in Redfern.
Source:
NITV News
4 Sep 2013 - 5:55 PM  UPDATED 5 Sep 2013 - 9:08 AM

A press conference to announce the details of a boxing bout between Anthony Mundine and Shane Moseley took place today at Tony Mundine’s gym in Redfern.

It is predicted that this fight will either reignite Mundine's career or prove to be fatal if he doesn't beat the ageing boxing legend.

But Mundine wasn't the only big name star to turn up in the gym today.

After going missing from last week’s training, all eyes were on suspended Centre, Blake Ferguson when he stepped into Tony Mundine’s Gym in Redfern today.

Refusing to answer questions directly, Anthony Mundine gave his thoughts on Ferguson’s situation but laughed off concerns about his immediate playing future.

"I know he’s a good kid, he’s got all the talent in the world and he'll bounce back and that’s why he’s going to take some time off to rebuild and see where he is. Basically, he’ll have the biggest year of his life next year," says Mr Mundine.

Mundine will have his work cut out for him when he takes on boxing legend Sugar Shane Mosely later this month and says the 41-year-old is not to be taken lightly.

"He’s never ever been stopped and he always gave a competitive fight, so I know what I’ve got in store for me and I’m just going to prepare my best. Like I said, I just want my country to be behind me," says Mr Mundine.

Anthony ‘The Man’ Mundine will take on Sugar Shane Mosely at the Sydney Entertainment Centre, October 23.