Mark Olive wants you to get some 'Pork on your fork' this week on On Country Kitchen.
This week Mark Olive cooks a pork dish so tantalising you will kick yourself if you miss it. Follow renowned Indigenous chef, Mark Olive and comedian Derek Nannup each week as they create delicious dishes in the Western Australian countryside.
20mls Olive Oil
1 lge Onion
1 tbsp Sea parsley
pinch Dried chili flakes
2 Pork fillets
1 Apple (sliced)
Large Fry Pan
Glass Bowls (ingredients)
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Prep the fillet and brush it over with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, sear it quickly on the stove in a fry pan and place in the oven, preheated to 160 degrees.
- Prep the cabbage by chopping it finely, peel onion and slice thinly.
- In a large fry pan, fry off onion in butter until translucent.
- Remove pork from the oven after about 15 minutes, and let it relax.
- Add the cabbage in fry pan and season with salt/pepper fold through the onion and cook until the cabbage becomes limp. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Take the cabbage off the stove (drain off excess liquid) and toss through the sliced apple and sea parsley.
- Lay the cabbage out on the serving plate, slice the pork fillet and lay on top of the cabbage and apple. Garnish and serve.