1. Kyary has never had vocal lessons. Her producer Yasutaka Nakata (he writes all of her music) said she didn’t need them!
2. Kyary once collaborated with the Eyemazing company to produce a line of fake eyelashes called "Harajuku Doll"
3. When Kyary first heard the song PONPONPON even she thought it was weird!
4. She likes this song “Sushi Pizza” by (guy Iichiro & IMALU) / Mighty DISCO:
5. She also likes other Japanese artists like Perfume, Morning Musume and Capsule.
6. Kyary doesn’t really do anything to keep her figure or her skin clear – except dancing around holding giant candy props of course! [Note to self: invest in giant plastic lollipop]
7. Candy Stripper in the Harajuku area of Japan is one of her favourite clothing stores:
8. Kyary is shy around strangers. Hard to believe right?
9. Gwen Stefani’s “Harajuku Girls” song was one of the main reasons Kyary wanted to become a Harajuku Girl!
10. "Mottai Night Land" was actually written for first for a Japanese mobile phone company au's "Smart Value" commercial and featured Kyary dancing with the Mottainai Ghosts.
Here is the official "Mottai Night Land" MV.
If you know any other fun facts about Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - let us know in the comments!
Oh and check her out talking about coming to Australia...