Western pop can sometimes be just as booty-poppin’ or heart-wrenching as K-pop, but and when the two are combined, it can be pure magic.
Check out our top 9 English songs covered by K-pop idols.
Which one do you dig the most?
9. Girls' Generation's Taeyeon - Take a Bow (Rihanna cover)
Wow, what a fantastic voice...
8. EXO - Open Arms (Journey cover)
An oldie but a goodie, especially when performed by EXO's formidable vocal line!
7. BIGBANG's Taeyang – Don’t Judge Me (Chris Brown cover)
We're a touch biased but we think that Taeyang's cover is better than Chris Brown's original MV, mainly because he softens the song's impact by trying to create a soppy mini-movie out of it when it's better left raw.
6. 2NE1 – Doo Wop (Lauryn Hill cover) into Get Right (Jennifer lopez) into Crazy in Love (Beyonce)
Just seeing CL dominate with her opening rap and Minzy's mad dance break to Justin Timberlake's "Sexy back" makes us miss 2NE1 even more...
5. Lee Hi – Rolling in the Deep (Adele cover)
She would have only been about 15 or 16 years old here. Unbelievable!
4. Ailee – Love On Top (Beyonce cover)
Ailee does another Beyonce cover of "Halo" which is even better than this if you can believe it.
3. SHINee – Just Dance (Lady Gaga cover)
Retro SHINee! We're not sure if we love this more for the fashion flashback or the actual performance....
2. BTS' V - Someone Like You (Adele cover)
Who would've thought V would have such a deep and soulful voice?
1. SISTAR's Hyolyn - Halo (Beyonce cover)
Given that Hyolyn has been called the "Korean Beyonce", it is fitting that she covered a song from her Western counterpart!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: